As the weather changes, your skin can change too. There are great holistic ways to take care of your skin as it adapts to the seasons. I recently did some google-searching how to keep your skin healthy as the weather gets colder, and I found a lot of misinformation – so I hope this episode brings you clarity.
Today, I share my insights as a holistic MD about what to do (and not to do!) to take care of your skin as it recovers from the sun exposure it received during the summer months. I also share my tips on how to help your skin transition seamlessly into fall and winter. I also talk about specific ingredients and products to incorporate into your skincare routine during this time. I address the harmful effects of chemical peels, how moisturizers work and the best ingredients to looks for in moisturizers, how to deal with age spots holistically, and much more.
- How chemical peels actually work
- How your skin ages
- When to do a peel (if you’re going to do it at all)
- How chemical peels influence age spots
- What hyaluronic acid does
- Ingredients to use to moisturize your skin
- How moisturizers work
- The best moisturizers for you
- Why Vitamin D is good for you
“I don’t believe there is ever a time to do a chemical peel.”
– Dr. Ben Johnson